The All-Important All-Purpose Cleaner
Ditching your old cleaners has another bonus: you can replace all those bottles with just one. Yup. I bought a 14.4 oz. bottle of Thieves Household cleaner 3+ years ago and I am still using it one capful at a time.
I spray this versatile mix on kitchen and bathroom countertops, glass and mirrors. Basically everywhere.*
All-Purpose/Glass Cleaner Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1 capful (approx. 1 tsp) Thieves Household Cleaner
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3-5 drops your choice oil (I usually use Lemon, but Citrus Fresh or Tea Tree, would be other fresh ideas)
Combine all ingredients in your favorite glass spray bottle, spray, wipe away, SMILE.
*When in doubt, try the all-purpose cleaner in a conspicuous spot first. Especially on surfaces like granite or sandstone, where a higher dilution may be in order.
Thieves Line Quick Fixes*: Thieves Dish Soap, Thieves Automatic Dishwasher Powder
*If you love Thieves Household cleaner, check out the whole line! We’ve included links to some of our favorite products by room to make things (you guessed it) EASY.
Recipe for Clean Tile Floors:
- ⅛ Cup Thieves Dish Soap
- ⅛ Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Gallon Warm Water
Mix and Mop!
Keep your trash can fresher in two steps!
- Put 2-3 drops Citrus Fresh (or preferred Essential Oil, Purification would be a great choice) on a cotton ball.
- Place cotton ball in trash can before you insert liner.
Thieves Line Quick Fixes: Thieves Laundry Soap
Laundry Soap Tip: Like the household cleaner, this soap is super concentrated. 32-oz. should give you at least 64 loads of clean clothes!
Dryer Sheet Replacement
You know you’re an adult when you get dryer balls for Christmas. But I did this year, and I embraced my adulthood by being totally excited. The wool dryer balls not only help laundry dry faster with less static and wrinkles, they also provide the perfect opportunity to ditch toxic dryer sheets in favor of therapeutic grade essential oils.
I have 4 balls and I add a couple drops of oil to each for a refreshing scent. My favorites are Lavender and Citrus Fresh. Others to try: Stress Away and Joy
Thieves Line Quick Fixes: Thieves Wipes
I’ve gotten natural toilet cleaning down to 4 steps:
- Spray toilet bowl with all-purpose Thieves cleaner (recipe above).
- Sprinkle bowl with about ¼ cup baking soda.
- Let mixture sit while you wipe down the rest of the toilet with a rag and all-purpose cleaner.
- Scrub bowl.
Most cleaning sessions, I simply wipe tubs and showers with my all-purpose cleaner, but if deeper cleaning is in order I have a couple of options:
- Sprinkle half a lemon with baking soda to tackle stubborn stains.
- Create a paste with 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner and 2-3 TB baking soda.
- For a refreshing clean, spray tub with vinegar. Adding a few drops of Lavender or Tea Tree oil will help amp up cleaning power and tune out the intense vinegar aroma.
Last Sweep: Miscellaneous Tips
Ditch musty carpet smell with this carpet freshener recipe we shared in our Oil of the Week series:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 5 drops of Thieves Essential Oil Blend
- Combine ingredients in shaker, mix well and let sit overnight.
- Sprinkle over carpets and vacuum.
General Stain Remover
Reach for Lemon for any weird, sticky, stubborn stains. It’s a natural at getting gunk out of your life.
This recipe works wonders on wooden cabinets and furniture:
- 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2-3 Drops Lemon
Making the Switch Made Easy
If you’re ready to make the switch, the Young Living Essential Rewards program makes it super easy (and affordable). You just:
- Ditch the toxic cleaners in your home.
- Ditch the toxic cleaners on your shopping list.
- Switch to Essential Rewards for all your natural cleaning needs.
Your grocery list will get shorter and your house will become naturally clean. Just add a cleaning product to your order each month to help you keep this 2017 resolution! You’ll even earn points toward free products while you’re at it.
Have a cleaning quandary? Ask us in the comments!