We’re back with another essential oil-infused DIY recipe: Deodorant Powder. While ditching commercial hand soaps or toothpastes is often no sweat (hello there, Thieves line), finding a natural deodorant you love can be tough.
We get it. We don’t like to mess with BO or skin sensitivity, either. But we also don’t like to mess with applying harsh chemicals on our bodies, especially so close to lymph nodes and breast tissue. Making your own deodorant helps you ditch no-no ingredients like aluminum and Fragrance and switch to essential oil-powered freshness you can feel great about.
Supplies & Ingredients
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- Mixing Spoon
- Storage Container (like a salt shaker or baby powder bottle)
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch*
- 10 drops of your favorite Essential Oil
Tree of Life Fresh Favorites: Our team loves adding Purification, Stress Away, Lavender, Cedarwood and Shutran to this natural deodorant recipe. Mix, match and experiment to find your signature scent.
*Pro Tip: We usually prefer arrowroot over cornstarch. Cornstarch can cause skin sensitivity and yeast growth. Test both and find what works for you!
How It’s Done
- Combine all ingredients in your glass mixing bowl.
- Store in your chosen container.
Apply under arms as needed.
Need Extra Protection? You’ve Got it!
If you feel like you need even more BO warding power, you have a few options:
- Layer: Apply a few more drops of your favorite scent on top of powder.
- Spray: Or, make a water and purification spray in a glass spray bottle to spray on top. This method is another Tree of Life favorite!
Are you planning to make your own Deodorant Powder? Share which signature Essential Oil scent you’ll add to your DIY recipe in the comments!