I have two boys. 1 and 3. Whenever I tell someone my kids’ ages, they say “You’re busy!” Then I get the smile ... that smile somewhere between “you can do it!” and lots of empathy, especially from mamas who are no longer in the toddler trenches with me.
And they’re right. Having two kids two years apart is no joke. I mean, we laugh a lot. But each day carries it’s own challenges. And that’s why I’m thankful for the help I get from wonderful little Young Living bottles.
So today, as a mom, I’m sharing which oils are on my and my fellow Tree of Life mom bloggers most-used lists. Use it as an inspiration for how to use Essential Oils in your family or as a shopping list for a special mom in your life.
Full-time moms, working-moms, work-from-home moms: we all work a lot. And I hope I’m not the only one with a few racing thoughts now and then. (Have your recently cooked while your toddler gets out every pan you own and places them right where you need to stand? Bananas.) Anyway, mood support makes me think of a cheesy, but nonetheless true cliche: If mama ain’t happy, nobody's happy.
- Joy: I rub a little Joy over anyone’s heart in my family when a grumpy mood hits. That includes me down to my one year old. Want to learn more about Joy? We’ve written about it a lot. I especially love this mom’s perspective from Michelle McKool.
- Lavender: I love lavender for minor head tension. It’s also a great way to prepare for a sweet night’s sleep. As an oily MVP, it’s also great for DIY beauty creams and dryer balls for fresh laundry.
- Progessence Plus Serum: Hormone support often goes hand-in-hand with mood support. I love mom and grandma’s Cynthia Lengefeld’s post on how Progessence Plus Serum changed her life.
It’s not glamorous (and hopefully you have plenty of helping hands), but home cleaning is often part of the mom job description. I’ve been working toward a Chemical-Free house cleaning routine, and of course, essential oils and essential oil-infused products have helped a ton on that journey.
Purification: Here’s a “Quick: guests are coming, let’s freshen up” tip. Just diffuse Purification. It (duh alert) purifies the air with a refreshing, welcoming scent.
Thieves Household Cleaner: Love this stuff! I use it everywhere. The bathroom, kitchen, floors. Plus, it’s a great value. I’ve been using it for nearly two years and I’m still on my first bottle!
Lemon: I add lemon and vinegar to my Thieves Cleaner all-purpose recipe for fresh, streak-free clean everywhere! Lemon is also a go-to any stubborn stickiness. As a bonus to teen moms: Lemon helps students concentrate while studying.
As mamas, we also work hard to keep our kids (and husbands) healthy. In my family, this involves a lot of hand washing and a few of these bottles.
- Thieves: While some mornings get away from me, I try to put a couple drops of Thieves blend on everyone’s feet before they head out the door. This includes me! When I slack, I can tell. It’s truly an essential part of my daily routine.
- Peace & Calming or Peace & Calming II: My 3 year old loves (and requests) Peace & Calming before bed. A couple drops helps him settle down for a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Digize: We also write about Digize a lot. It’s great for pregnant mamas and little ones.
And what mama-must have list is complete without a little treat yo’self section? Using Essential Oils for DIY beauty serums is actually a way I have bonded with my own mom over Essential Oils.
- Ylang Ylang: We both have curly hair and have found adding a drop of Ylang Ylang to wet hair once or twice a week has really nourished our locks and encouraged our curls. Plus, it smells amazing.
- Rose: This is the treat yourself of all treat yourself oils. A valuable and highly-prized oil, this floral delight can be applied topically for healthy, youthful looking skin.
- Myrrh: This oil is a great night time moisturizer. I was inspired to add it to my regular routine by Jaynelle, she included it to her top 5 oils!
Happy Mother’s Day from Tree of Life! Which oil would you share with a mom in your life?