So apparently there’s lots of controversy about how and if and when sharks sleep:
- They seem to be very active at night
- Most species have to remain in motion, so for years scientists thought sharks didn’t sleep
- However, now scientists think they enter periods of rest where they slow down, but their eyes are open, and it’s not a true deep sleep
Did I describe any of you with those facts? Maybe your kids?
I think many of us seek out essential oils because we need sleep support—that was my reason 5 years ago!
But just like there are lots of things we don’t know about sharks’ sleeping habits, there are so many variables with our own sleeping habits that finding an Essential Oils combo for sleep support can be trial and error.
Best Oils for Sleep Support
- Lavender: Most people start with Lavender—this doesn’t work for me or Jonna
- Frankincense: this is a fav in our house and a Lavender + Frankincense combo can be powerful
- Stress Away
- Peace and Calming
If you really want to sleep like the dead, then consider these heavy hitters:
And then there are a few that kids especially find calming:
- Gentle Baby
- Roman Chamomile
And finally, you may want to consider WHY you aren’t sleeping: Are you worried? Is your child needing a little extra security? Sometimes if we can support our emotions, we can sleep better.
So—what do WE use for sleep support in our house?
- Jonna (6)—Frankincense, Valor, or Palo Santo
- Zanna (5)—Frankincense, Valor, or Palo Santo
- Mila (3)—Palo Santo and White Angelica
- Vin (1)—Lavender or Peace and Calming
- Me—Valor or Rutavala (the kids would use the Rutavala, too, but that’s liquid gold and I’m a little stingy with it )
- The hubs—whatever I’m diffusing
And despite this lengthy post, there are still more options—I feel like I am leaving so many good ones out!
Maybe you can help me out—what are your family’s favorite oils for sleep support?
Skip the Blue Shark Blues: Essential Oils for Mood Support