Purification Essential Oil Blend helps freshen the air and eliminate odors with its unique combination of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle essential oils, and naturally-occurring compounds cineol, neral, and geranial (research these compounds, it is very interesting information!).
Let’s break down some of those ingredients.
Many of us know about citronella because it is an ingredient in almost every insect repellant on the market, but did you know it has many other useful qualities? For example, citronella can be relaxing, purifying to the skin, while also supporting the respiratory system and normal digestion. Citronella also has a very refreshing and uplifting scent. Great oil, huh?
Historically, lemongrass has been used for purifying and supporting the digestive system but it can also help maintain healthy circulation and promote the lymphatic system. Lemongrass is also a great oil to massage on with some coconut oil to maintain healthy tissue and ligaments. Lemongrass is considered a “hot”oil; avoid skin irritation by diluting before application.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is YL’s typical lavender that we all know and love. Lavandin is from our farm in Provence, France and it is actually a cross between our Lavandula augustifolia and spike lavender (Lavendula latifolia). Now, why would YL want to use Lavandin instead of Lavender in Purification oil?
I believe it is because Lavandin is known for its purifying constitutes – it is called Purification after all! In Europe, it's actually very common for veterinary clinics to clean their cages with Lavandin. Lavandin does have similar calming effects like Lavender, and may help support the respiratory system and promote healthy circulation.
Want a little history lesson after our science lesson above? Many of us know Rosemary is an ingredient in our beloved oil blend Thieves (do you know the story of Thieves?) but here is a lesson in ancient history about Rosemary. In ancient Greece (about 1,000 BC), rosemary was burned as an incense. Later cultures believed that it would ward off evil, a practice that would eventually become adopted by those who wanted to protect themselves, like modern day immune support! Rosemary may also support a healthy respiratory system and may help promote mental clarity and concentration.
Tea Tree is a very popular oil. It has many uses that we have all come to know and love. Tea Tree has a very clean fresh scent and when applied to the skin may help promote healthy looking skin. Tea Tree is known for its purifying properties and may aid the body’s natural response to skin injury and irritations.
Myrtle oil has a mild smell but can punch powerful results! Myrtle is a gentle oil and is typically a “go to” for supporting the respiratory system in children. Myrtle may also help promote healthy skin and could be good to rub on after a hard workout. Myrtle is also referenced several times in Bible, here are a few places you can find it: Nehemiah 8:15, Isaiah 41:19, Isaiah 55:13 – enjoy!
So … do you love Purification yet? I DO! Here are some more product tips you might enjoy.
- Add Purification essential oil blend to your washing machine to freshen laundry.
- Add a couple drops of Purification essential oil blend to shoes to help neutralize odors.
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball to help eliminate stale air in the office or your child’s room.
- Diffuse Purification essential oil blend to dispel unpleasant odors and clear the air of impurities (I love adding Orange Oil with it).
- Diffuse Purification essential oil blend to eliminate odors after the dog returns from playing outdoors in the rain.
- Apply topically when going outdoors for a pest-free experience.
- Diffuse to repel bugs, insects and mice.
- Add a drop or two to your favorite moisturizer morning and evening for healthy looking skin.
- Apply to skin to aid the body’s natural response to skin irritation or injury.
- Add a few drops to a glass spray bottle with water for a multipurpose spray solution (I NEVER leave home without this!).
Continue the Conversation
Of course, these are just a few ways to use Purification on a daily basis. No one home should be without it! What are some of your favorite ways to use Purification? If you have any questions about YL oils or YL oil infused products, please feel free to contact me at Jaynelle@TreeofLifeYL.com or anyone in the Tree of Life group.