Claim to Fame: Known as the "Swiss Army Knife" or "Mother" of essential oils, lavender can be applied to cuts, scrapes, cold sores, insect bites, rashes or acne to soothe and cleanse. It also encourages proper immune response to histamines.
Quick Tips: Diffuse, add to Epsom salt bath, or apply topically to promote relaxation and restful sleep.
Quick Tips: Add lemon to an Epsom salt bath to accelerate detoxing. Use on surfaces to help clean and sanitize. Add to water to help cleanse impurities.
Claim to Fame: Peppermint helps relieve, relax and soothe tired, overworked muscles. It may help with headaches or pain.
Quick Tips: Use in an empty capsule with carrier oil to help support normal digestion. Apply to back of neck for cooling and refreshing relief.
Claim to Fame: Copaiba supports healthy joint and cartilage function.
Quick Tip: Use to amplify the intensity of other oils.
Claim to Fame: Helichrysum supports circulatory health and has restorative properties.
Claim to Fame: Frankincense may help promote emotional well-being and healthy lung function.
Claim to Fame: One of the most powerful and versatile essential oils, oregano contains strong immune-enhancing support and antioxidant properties. It also helps support the respiratory system.
Claim to Fame: Clove contains high amounts of eugenol which may support the body’s natural defenses and natural response to stress. It may also support healthy oral care.
Claim to Fame: One of the most versatile essential oils, lemongrass promotes the proper function of ligaments and tendons. It can help with proper lymph flow and may support the digestive system.
Claim to Fame: Inspired by the legend of 15th century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination of essential oils to rob those who had died of the black plague, thieves may support a healthy immune system.
Other oils to consider adding to your emergency kit: Trauma Life, Aroma Life, DiGize, Melrose, RC, Purification, Wintergreen
First Aid Kit Quick Reference Guide
Print this list out and add it to your kit! Until you are familiar with using essential oils you will probably forget what to use, especially in stressful situations. Helpful Hint: Grab Stress Away first, calm down, and get help if needed.
- Cuts & Scrapes—Lavender, Purification, Melrose, Frankincense, Tea Tree
- Digestive Support—Peppermint, DiGize, Ginger
- Insect Bites & Stings—Lavender, Thieves, Purification, PanAway
- Splinter—Thieves, Lavender
- Sprains & Strains—Peppermint, PanAway, Wintergreen, Copaiba, Lemongrass
- Allergy Support—Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Purification
- Headache—Peppermint, PanAway, Stress Away
- Panic/Anxiety—Lavender, Stress Away, Frankincense
- Water Purification—Lemon
- Bleeding—Helichrysum, Cistus, PanAway
- Gum/Teeth Health—Clove, Thieves, Tea Tree
- Respiratory Support—R.C., Frankincense, Lemon, Raven, Eucalyptus
- Broken Bones—Wintergreen, PanAway
Pop Quiz: Preparedness Knowledge