Let’s start with something you do everyday: brush your teeth. Time to ditch toothpaste with artificial sweeteners and toxic chemicals and switch to natural toothpaste that will freshen your breath and gently wash away staining.
The Thieves lines makes this easy. Try one of three Thieves lines toothpastes along with Thieves Dental Floss and Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash.
Make sure washing or cleaning your hands actually washes and cleanses without artificial fragrances or toxins.
I’m in love with the Thieves Foaming hand soap. It smells wonderful and is a great way to introduce guests to Thieves goodness. For on-the-go cleansing, Thieves Waterless Hand Cleanser is on my must-travel list.
Whether you are focusing on cleansing, restoring, moisturizing or refining, Young Living has products and oils to try. Some of my favorite anti-aging oils include:
- Rose - high-frequency oil great for moisturizing and refining skin
- Patchouli - favorite oil for daily moisturizing
- Lavender - skin MVP, a must for cleansing, moisturizing and refining
- Frankincense - sacred oil that restores and moisturizes skin
- Myrrh - another must-have for moisturizing
Start slow and experiment. We suggest adding a beauty oil to your order each month. Everyone is different, so everyone will have different favorites. Once you find your favorites, here are a few tips to get the most out of your beauty regime (and save some money).
Make a Homemade Cream
Make your own body and face cream and infuse with your favorite essential oils. That way you get a daily dose of oils, while stretching your supply.
- 1 cup shea butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup liquid oil (like almond, grapeseed, jojoba or avocado oil)
- 5-10 drops of essential oils of choice
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil on stovetop
- Let cool completely
- Add liquid oil and essential oils for choice
- Whip to decadent texture
Another way to stretch your beauty oils and save time in your routine: create your own serums. Add your favorite oils and apply after your cream morning and night. To make, you will need to gather a few supplies like 1-oz glass bottles, roller ball fitments and funnels.
- 1-oz. favorite carrier oil (again: think liquid food oils like almond, grapeseed or avocado)
- 1-2 drops each of your favorite anti-aging oils
Combine ingredients in a small, amber glass bottle. Yup, it’s that easy!
Tame your locks with natural care products. This one is especially important, considering when you rinse off shampoo it flows down the rest of your body. Young Living has some great daily shampoos (like yummy Lavender Mint) to nourish and cleanse hair.
You can also add oils to your hair care routine. When styling, I add a drop of Ylang Ylang to my hair for a gorgeous floral scent and curl-boosting moisture. Other great hair oils include:
- Geranium - rehydrates hair, try adding to your conditioner
- Lavender - nourishes and may thicken hair
- Rosemary - allows nutrients to penetrate hair and scalp
- Tea Tree - soothes your scalp
Like hair care products, body wash is exposed to large parts of your body. Making your own body wash was never easier with Young Living’s bath and shower gel base. Just add 5-10 drops of your favorite oil. Any of our favorite hair and skin oils would work, or you can try an uplifting blend like Joy.
And finally, we’ll end with another daily personal care product: Deodorant. Young Living offers great aluminum-free options that smell great! (Like this one). You can also experiment using an oil as a deodorant. Purification is a great, cleansing and aromatically fresh option to try!
Switch, Ditch & Save
Ready to ditch commercially produced personal care products? Easy. Switch to buying your natural shampoo, hand soap and floss with Young Living’s autoship program, Essential Rewards. We love it because we get to buy the products we love while earning freebies and points toward even more products we love. We think you will, too!
Any questions? Ask away in the comments.